I am reflecting on the last week with Life Lessons. Come Join the Fun.
What did I learn this week? Hmmmm….has it really been one of those weeks where I just survive…there’s got to be something…somewhere in this brain that wasn’t there before…
1. This has been a week of temper tantrums from both Caitlyn and Sue. Wowzers. So this week has been a blur of screaming.
2. But in sharing with my midwife about Caitlyn’s, she hit the nail on the head…Caitlyn is looking for our attention. Since starting school she is away from family the most she ever has been. The last couple days I have been intentionally giving her attention before the fit and voila’, no fit. Also found out, in passing, her best friend at school moved away and is not there anymore. That might contribute to her stress.
3. Sue, on the other hand, is just 3, almost 4. I remember these were painful weeks last year with Caitlyn right before she turned 4. So we are dealing with them, and biding our time.
4. The new weapon in Sue’s arsenal during a fit, “you’re ugly, ugly, ugly.” That kind of stung. 2 minutes later she was distracted by something and the fit ended quicker than it started. Whew.
5. My kids are hard taskmasters! Caitlyn knows I gave up sweets. And part of the reason is sugar overload makes me angry. Now, if she sees me eating something I ought not, “don’t eat that, it’s sugar, it will make you angry!” She’s right and has saved me from lots of cheating. Let’s not tell her there is sugar in the strawberry lemonades I have fallen in love with and treat myself to sometimes.
6. Running in the park is WONDERFUL. I love it. I am hoping to go tonight. We’ll see…
7. And now it is time for me to get myself ready and run off to work…Survive til you Thrive!