Sometimes, you are blogging along, and you hit a wall…no idea of what to write. It’s been quiet around her for just that reason. I don’t know how niche’ bloggers do it. How they come up with posts every day on the same topics. I blog about a bunch of different things, mental health, kids, homeschooling, faith, so on and so forth…and yet, the well runs dry. So I am very glad my friend Kim, at Make Mommy Go Something Something awarded me the Liebster Award.
With this award, comes a list of questions, also known as blog inspiration.
- Are you that guy in your neighborhood who feeds the wildlife? Well, kind of. I throw the random ends to the bread that we don’t eat out to the squirrels, but we are not THAT guy. He lives on the end of our street. Just across from the golf course. There are lots of ducks in the golf course. They have lots of babies. He puts food out. The ducks know it. They walk across the road with their parade of babies for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Best case scenario, they back up traffic as we all wait for them to go across, worst case scenario, someone isn’t looking and there is one less baby waddling after mama. I say he’s misguided, but trying to be nice. My hubby says he is fattening them up to fill his freezer.
- Where do you write? (10 bonus points if you admit that one of those places is the bathroom. Don’t lie. We all do it.) I write in the kitchen. Next to the stove. It’s where the computer is. We also homeschool in the kitchen. There are days I only leave the kitchen to go to the bathroom, where I sometimes text, but never blog. True Story.
- My New Year’s Resolution was nothing. I didn’t make any. I am a challenge and plan kinda gal. Checking things off a list is my kind of deal, but right now, I am not keeping up with any of them. I am not keeping up with my decluttering. I am cleaning stuff out, but I am not going to hit every area I planned, nor will I have 40 bags gone by the end. I am not keeping up with my Mother’s Day Challenge. I was supposed to do an exercise video twice last week. I got the treadmill once. This week I am supposed to hit the treadmill three times, so far, nada. And my squat, push up and plank challenge was hit or miss. Dude, listing all of this I am shaping up to be quite the loser. We are plugging away with homeschooling. This week we havfe been working on telling time. Caitlyn is currently playing a time-telling game on the iPad and Sue is working with the clock to show times.
- Lucky Charms for breakfast or are you one of those “I like my heart” kind of people? Personally, I am totally a Lucky Charms person. But these rugrats that call me mom eat them too dang fast, so we stick with the “slightly” healthier options, Honey Nut Cheerios and Frosted Mini Wheats. They last a little longer and come in bigger boxes.
- What are your thoughts on global warming? Kidding. Do you like pizza? Some people don’t like pizza and those people cannot be trusted. You do not want to know my thoughts on global warming. I am not trendy. I am so glad the real question is pizza. I love it Kim! You can totally trust me. I like the cheapo pizzas, I like gourmet pizzas; their aren’t any I don’t like.
- What is your favourite colour and have you used that colour (or a variation of it) to paint your walls? So, do I correct the Canadians’ spelling in this question or let it slide??? My favorite color is lilac. In our first house, my hubby kissed up to me by painting three rooms lilac. In this house, we have lilacs on some wallpaper, but that is it. It is a sad little house.
- What do you look forward to in the spring? SENDING MY KIDS OUTSIDE. There is lots more that I look forward to, but that overshadows them all so much, they aren’t even worth mentioning.
- Is there a piece of jewelry that you wear every day? Is there any significance to it? I wear my wedding ring every day. I have a charm bracelet I used to wear every day, but my hubby got me some new charms so I took it off to get them put on and haven’t gotten over to the jeweler. I feel like an ingrate, but I’m not, I am just dreading taking three kids 7 and under to a jewelry store.
- Cold pillow or warm pillow and are you a pillow flipper in the middle of the night? I am not a flipper, but otherwise, I have no idea. I think I prefer warm, but I really don’t know. I guess I’ll have to cover it with my new therapist on Monday.
- Favourite picture of you and why? My wedding pictures. I’m sappy and they represent the start of a whole new life. The life has sometimes been hard and challenging but it is worth every.single.second. Those are pictures I love.
And now in accepting this award, there are some rules. Here they are:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.–check
- Answer eleven questions the blogger gives you.–she gave me 10
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.–in addition to the questions?
- Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award.–look out, I am coming for you.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.–I’ll be back to figure this out.
- Give them eleven questions to answer.–Umm, can I steal Kims’ and just add one?