My husband and I are fully vaccinated. He was vaccinated + 2 weeks on the 23rd. I will be on May 3.
We are looking forward to having more protection going forward. I am bummed to still have to wear my mask most of the time, but it is a step in the right direction.
But that step will still leave us stuck if others are unwilling to be vaccinated.
I am not speaking to you if you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical issues. You are not the problem. You are a big part of why we need to be getting vaccinated if we are able. I am not speaking to you if you are under 16. Though, once they approve for younger ages, get yourself vaccinated.
The rest of you–yeah, I am speaking to you.
We’ve spent a year+ hating the restrictions covid19 has put on our lives.
- Not giving family hugs
- Not having funerals for family members
- Not celebraing milestones together
- Not knowing if kids can go to school in-person (yes we homeschool but we know many impacted with this)
- Not having the girls’ theater group meeting
- Not being able to go to church
- Having my kids isolated from friends and angry with friends who refuse to mask
- Having to overthink every decision and still not know if it is right
- Feeling left out when others start meeting in-person and stop having things virtually
- Having to justify following the rules on masks and social distancing
I hate it.
I hate it all.
But we can’t wish it away.
We must step up and do our part. We must find our chance to be vaccinated and take it. My fear now is that people will quit. That politics will persist in people deciding not to get vaccinated. That as laypeople, we will decide we know more than doctors and scientists. This worries me,
I can’t change a lot of minds, or maybe any, but I can make sure people have information. If you follow me on Facebook you see me sharing vaccine information for Michigan. If you are in Michigan, look up @kenhaddad on Twitter for daily updates on where to find vaccination opportunities.
Today, Governor Whitmer announced the plan to get this state reopened. It comes down to vaccination levels. Do your part.
Look here for details about vaccinations and opening up again:
We have spent a year plus feeling helpless as people died and people got sick by the thousands. Now, we can finally do something. And it is not hard. It is free and it is available. Yes, there is typically a mild reaction as your immune system gets to work protecting you but it lasts hours to just a couple of days at most. Conversely, it has been at least 413 days since Covid laid siege to our state and our country.
Choose which one you want to live with or keep living with.Survive til you Thrive!